Skip to content
- Perform a polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis as described, except do not add to the SDS running buffer or sample buffer. Moreover, it may not be necessary to use gel stacking – only the lower, complete gels may be sufficient.
- Band likely to appear more dirty than usual SDS-PAGE. Therefore, run the gel at half the usual tension as a band to have the highest possible resolution. Because it will probably take longer to run, trying to keep as cool as possible with cool gel buffer before use.
- For the molecular weight standards, probably a good idea to buy a set of standard weight nondenaturing moelcular for nondenaturing gels.
- Transfer the gel and perform blotting as described.
- Keep in mind that in the native polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, protein mobility rate depends on both the size and shape. fibrillar protein will likely be slower than globular proteins.