After the discovery of the new acute respiratory disease in the end of 2019, most research groups are working on a vaccine or effective drug against the virus that causes it. However, the bacterial-induced respiratory infections like tuberculosis still remains a risk for human health worldwide.
Gentaur/Genprice provides innovative technology, called Spoligotyping, for research and diagnostics of tuberculosis for universities, hospitals and clinical laboratories worldwide.
Cat#IM9071, Spoligotyping kit with primers and controls, Qty: 1 kit, Price: 1960 USD
Cat#IM9702, Spoligotyping membrane, Qty: 1 kit, Price: 1850 USD
Cat#PC200, Foam cushions for Spoligotyping, Qty: 1 pack/100 pcs, Price: 1040 USD
Cat#MN45, Mini Blotter for Spoligotyping, Qty: 1 unit, Price: 3720 USD
Spoligotyping products are available for Next Day Delivery!
Tuberculosis (TB) is caused by the pathogenic bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis that can be transmitted from one person to another via microscopic droplets released in the air through coughing, sneezing, etc. It affects your lungs predominantly, but it can also damage your kidneys, spine or brain. The symptoms are different and observed with the organs that are involved – blood in the urine may be a result of TB-infected kidneys.
In summary, the main symptoms for active tuberculosis are : long-lasting cough (more than 3 weeks), blood in the cough secret, chest pain and hard breathing, fatigue, fever, chills, night sweats, significant lost of weight and appetite.
There is a wide range of drugs for treatment of tuberculosis that should be used in combination. Also, many countries include the vaccination with bacillus Calmette-Guerin vaccine (BCG) as obligatory prevention act against acute tuberculosis in children. Dozens of new TB vaccines are still under development and testing.
Fast and accurate diagnosis of tuberculosis is a very important step that will help you to get precautions and start drug therapy on time.
Spoligotyping represents a PCR-based technique for detection and typing of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex (strain H37RV and strain BCG P3) in a large batch of clinical samples. Clinical staff can use it for testing of patients that could have been infected during their therapy in hospital from another disease.
Spoligotyping is an alternative for typing Southern blotting but it ensures rapid results obtain. This method is based on DNA polymorphism present at one particular chromosomal locus, called “Direct Repeat” (DR) region that is only presented in Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains H37RV and strain BCG P3. The presence or absence of the strains can be detected by hybridization of PCR-amplified sample to a set of immobilized oligonucleotides on the membranes.
The method has a higher level of differentiation for Mycobacterium strains with less than 5 copies of IS6110 elements in the DR region in comparison with IS6110 fingerprinting. Due to this, Spoligotyping is a preferred for typing of Mycobacterium bovis strains, which usually contain only one or two IS6110 copies. Mycobacterium bovis can be recognized by the absence of reactivity with spacers 39-43.
Spoligotyping product line includes the following reagents and lab equipment:
- Spoligotyping kit with Primers and Controls ( Catalogue number: IM9701 ) – this set contains four vials, one Spoligotyping membrane and a manual. There are 2 vials of positive controls – positive control 1 ( M. tuberculosis strain H37Rv ) and positive control 2 ( M. bovis BCG P3 ). The other 2 vials includes the primers for PCR amplification: primer Dra ( biotinylated ) and primer Drb both in lyophilized form.
- Spoligotyping membrane (Catalogue number: IM9702) – it can be purchased individually from the whole kit. Oligonucleotides derived from the known spacers in the DR cluster are covalently linked to an activated membrane in parallel lines. PCR products are hybridized perpendicular to the oligo lines. The membrane requires shipment in 20 mM EDTA.
- Foam Cushions (Catalogue number: PC200) – support cushions for the membrane.
- Mini-blotter for Spoligotyping ( Catalogue number: MN45 ) – the Mini-blotter is designed for multiple antibody or probe incubations on a single membrane and use microliter volumes of reagent. Typical applications include monoclonal antibody screening on western blots, animal and human serum screening, and DNA probe hybridizations. Reactions can be detected by all conventional methods, including enzyme conjugates, chemiluminescence and radiolabelling.
Spoligotyping products have many advantages that make them competitive to all other detection kits available on the market:
1. Sensitivity of 96% and specificity of 98% in clinical specimens diagnostics
2. Time-saving – 43 Samples per run especially in a situation of epidemic.
3. It doesn’t require expensive instruments – all you need is an incubator, PCR cycler and mini blotter.
4. Simple protocol – fewer steps
6. The membrane can be used 4-5 times after stripping
7. Quick results – 6 hours only when an alternative of . Alternative for Southern blotting is required.
Order now the Spoligotyping kit for your clinical laboratory for 1960 USD per kit!
Find more of Gentaur/Genprice’ tests for rapid diagnostics of infectious diseases at https://www.genprice.shop/#/